Important! The Kaiser Permanente TRICARE Prime® option will not be offered to TRICARE beneficiaries in 2023. Learn more.
Kaiser Permanente Wellness Rewards Program
If you earned your wellness reward with us, don’t forget to use it! You have until December 31, 2023 to use the rewards you’ve earned.
Questions about the program or your reward status?
Call 1-855-893-0029, Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
What can I use the reward to pay for?
Your health payment card can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses, including:
• Cost-sharing, such as your copays
• Dental treatment costs
• Prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses
• Other IRS-qualified medical expenses*
Kaiser Permanente Wellness Rewards are available to pay for qualified medical services through December 31, 2023.
*See the full list of qualified medical expenses in IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses and 969, Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans, at irs.gov/publications
You can use any reward you earned in 2022, or any reward you previously earned but haven’t used, until December 31, 2023.
How do I activate my card?
- Call the number on the label on your card.
- When prompted, enter the last four digits of your Defense Benefit Number (DBN). If that doesn’t match your account profile, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number (SSN) to activate your card.
The DoD Benefits Number (DBN) is an 11-digit number on the back of the Uniformed Service ID (USID) card.
- Sign your name on the back of your card.
Where can I use my health payment card?
You can use the card to pay bills for your current health care provider’s cost-sharing. You may also use the card for qualified medical expenses at other locations, such as retail pharmacies and optical centers.
How can I check my card balance?
You can call the Health Payment Services number located on the back of your card, 1-855-893-0029, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern time (ET) (closed holidays).
Complete the following wellness activities by December 31, 2022 and earn $200 from Kaiser Permanente towards qualified medical expenses.
- Covered spouses can earn the reward too, for a total of $400 per household.
- You can earn the reward each year.
1. Sign on to kp.org/engage
Visit kp.org/engage and:
- click the “Sign on” button
- enter your kp.org log in information.
If you haven’t registered for an account on kp.org, after clicking the “Sign on” button:
- click the “Register for an account” link towards the bottom to get a user ID and password
- then go back to kp.org/engage and sign in with that.
When prompted, be sure to accept the Wellness Program Agreement to be eligible to earn rewards. (Check “yes,” then click submit.) This agreement allows your completion status to be shared with our rewards vendor in order to provide your reward card. Your information will not be shared further.Sign On, Accept Agreement
2. Get your Biometric Screenings
If you’ve already seen your Kaiser Permanente primary care doctor, log in to kp.org/engageto see if all your biometric screenings are complete. If they’re not there are two ways to complete them:
- Schedule a Nurse Visit — at no copay — to complete the screenings.
- Or schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor to get the screenings.
Call 833-642-5973, Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., to schedule. You’ll need to receive these screenings: Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI), and Total Cholesterol.
3. Take your online Total Health Assessment
- click the link to the Total Health Assessment and sign in with your kp.org login.
- Answer the questions—it only takes about 10 minutes—and get your confidential results right away.
You’ll learn more about your health and get a personalized action plan to help improve it.
TIP: 24 hours after first signing in, you can view the status of your wellness activities. (You’ll see a green check mark next to completed activities.) It may take up to three weeks for certain activities to appear as complete.Sign On, Take Assessment