You have access to care at two great Emory hospitals:
The benefits of Emory Healthcare
When you get care in one of these two hospitals, you’ll enjoy the benefits of Emory Healthcare and Kaiser Permanente working together. Our own Kaiser Permanente doctors will be on-site to care for you, or to manage your care with Emory providers. Your care team can share information, coordinate with your personal doctor, and work together to provide personalized, coordinated care.
When you need inpatient care—such as a surgery, procedure, or other elective care at the hospital—it will likely be at one of these two locations. (Members in the Athens service area still have access to care at Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center.) As usual, your primary care doctor will coordinate your care and guide you to the most appropriate location. You’ll benefit from:
- Expanded capacity to help you get the care you need quickly.
- Care from Kaiser Permanente physicians who can access your electronic medical record to help provide personalized care, prevent allergic reactions to drugs, and avoid duplicate tests.
- The support of expert Emory providers connected to your care team.
In an emergency
In an emergency—a condition that requires immediate attention to prevent serious jeopardy to your health—call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. If you go to Emory University Hospital Midtown or Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, here’s how you can benefit:
- Experience and quality: Emory Healthcare is the most comprehensive academic health system in Georgia and the only one with three Magnet-designated hospitals for nursing excellence—including Emory Midtown and Emory Saint Joseph’s.
- Coordination: Kaiser Permanente doctors with access to your electronic medical record will be on site to help coordinate and personalize your care.
- Convenience: If you need follow-up care once your emergency condition has been stabilized, you can receive that care right at Emory. At most other hospitals (except Northside Hospital Atlanta or Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite), once you’re stabilized, you will likely be moved to Emory University Hospital Midtown or Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital for any follow-up care.
- Cost-savings: You’ll usually have lower out-of-pocket costs and no claims to file.
Labor and delivery
When you have your baby at Emory University Hospital Midtown:
- Your Kaiser Permanente maternity care team will be onsite with you for round-the-clock care.
- Your care team will have access to your electronic medical record to help personalize your care.
Kaiser Permanente members also have access to labor and delivery services at Northside Hospital Atlanta, where a Kaiser Permanente maternity care team will be onsite.